This website (“IAG GBS Website”) is owned by IAG GBS Limited, whose registered office is at Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB, England (“IAG GBS”) and operated for itself and on behalf of its Affiliates. References to “Affiliates” are to other companies which are direct and indirect subsidiaries of IAG GBS, including:
- IAG GBS Limited sucursal en España, registered office at Calle Martinez Villergas 49, 28027 Madrid NIF: W-8265536-F (“IAG GBS Spain”);
- IAG GBS Limited registered as a branch of an external company in Ireland, registration number 908379, registered office at Dublin Airport, Country Dublin, Ireland (“IAG GBS Ireland”);
- IAG GBS Poland sp. z o.o. located in Krakow with a registered office at ul. Opolska 114, 31-323 Krakow, Poland (NIP 5252598100, share capital: PLN 5,000. KRS 543035) (“IAG GBS Poland”).
- “We”, “Our”, “Us” and “IAG GBS” refers to IAG GBS and its Affiliates;
- “Data Protection Legislation” refers to all applicable laws relating to data protection and privacy including (without limitation) UK Data Protection Act 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), the EU Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002/58/EC as implemented in each applicable jurisdiction, and any amending or replacement legislation from time to time;
- “personal data”, “process”, “data controller”, “data processor”, “data subject” and “supervisory authority” shall have the meanings set out in the Data Protection Legislation.
Controller of Personal Information
The “data controller” in respect of any personal information processed in connection with the usage of the IAG GBS Website is IAG GBS Limited.
The “data controller” in respect of any personal information processed in connection with the usage of the Talent Community is IAG GBS Limited and IAG GBS Poland.
The “data controller” in respect of any personal information processed in connection with this usage of the Careers Website is the IAG GBS Limited and the IAG Group Company which will be the employing entity in respect of the position advertised and applied for.
If you are unsure which entity this will be, please contact us using the contact details in the “Contact Us” section below.
What types of personal information do we collect and process?
When using the Careers Website we will only collect personal information in the recruitment process that is necessary to assess you for the post applied for.
When using the Talent Community we will only collect personal information that is necessary to assess you for open positions available at IAG GBS and the IAG Group (if the employing entity would be another IAG Group Company).
In reference to the above, we may collect and process the following categories of information:
- Information you provide in order to register a personal account (“Profile”) on the Talent Community or in order to apply for a job vacancy listed on the Careers Website such as: first name, last name, email address, phone number, City, Country;
- Additional information you add to your Profile or job application to build a picture of your capabilities and suitability for certain positions, such as: your home address, telephone contact details, areas of interest, relocation capabilities, skills, work experience and a copy of your CV;
- Information collected by IAG GBS as a result of the recruitment process, such as your performance at assessment centres, interview or in other assessments and information provided by your referees;
- Personal information about criminal convictions will only be sought in exceptional circumstances if relevant to the post, and only where permitted by, and in accordance with local law; for more information on the collection of sensitive personal data please refer to the “When and why do we collect ‘sensitive personal information’?” section below.
When using the Careers Website or the Talent Community we will indicate where the information we have requested is mandatory or optional. We will explain the consequences should you decide not to provide information which we have indicated is mandatory. In some circumstances this may mean we are unable to process your job application.
When and why do we collect ‘sensitive personal information’?
Certain categories of personal information such as that about race, ethnicity, religion, health or criminal convictions are considered “sensitive personal information” under Data Protection Legislation. Generally, we try to limit the circumstances where we process sensitive personal information and to ensure we do not collect this information unless it is necessary.
There will, however, be circumstances where we collect and process sensitive personal information as part of the recruitment process. For example, we may request (where permitted by applicable law) information of any criminal convictions and may conduct criminal records checks. We may also ask you for details of medical conditions in order to make arrangements for you to attend a pre-employment medical check, an interview or assessment centre or because we need to be aware of certain medical conditions in order to assess your suitability for a particular role.
For the purposes of conducting equal opportunities monitoring we may also collect certain categories of sensitive personal data, such as your religion, ethnicity, or any disabilities you may have.
What do we use your personal information for?
The main purposes for which we use your personal information are:
- to provide you with information about our current vacancies or job opportunities which you have requested. For example, where you have requested email alerts for any relevant job opportunities and/or where you have created a Profile which contains contact details and skills;
- to support and process any job applications you make. For example, so we can assess your ability to meet the job specification, in order to shortlist applicants and to verify references and professional qualifications provided by those applicants (see “Background Checks” section below for more information);
- so we can learn about and improve the experience of users of the Careers Website and Talent Community, including equal opportunities monitoring.
When allowed by applicable law, we may verify personal data you provide during the recruitment process and/or collect personal data from sources other than you, to assist in the Background Checking process (the collection and verification of references covering a 2 or 5-year period). If this occurs:
- You will be told in advance which aspects of your personal data will be verified including an explanation of how the Background Checking process will be carried out;
- Information about criminal convictions (if collected) will only be collected through official authorised sources and in accordance with applicable law;
- If a third-party source advises that they require your consent prior to any Background Checks being carried out, IAG GBS will contact you to obtain/provide consent.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal information?
IAG GBS will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis for doing so. In each case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- To decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you: Where you have applied for a job and we need to use your personal information to determine whether we will enter into a contract of employment with you. This will be the legal basis for which we use your personal information in the majority of situations and will cover the use of your personal information from the initial application, through to the assessment centre and to interview.
- Where you have provided your consent: Where you have consented to us using your personal information. Most commonly, this will be where you have consented to join the Talent Community or for us sending you email alerts regarding job vacancies at IAG GBS.
- When it is in the legitimate business interests of IAG GBS: Where it is necessary, for business purposes and as a recruiter, to understand our applicants in sufficient detail in order for us to deliver an effective recruitment service. For example, where the use of analytics and profiling is necessary in order to provide insights so that we can improve, maintain and manage relationships with applicants and attract talented individuals to work with us.
- To comply with our legal obligations: Where we are subject to a legal obligation. For example, we may be required by law to conduct certain security checks on our staff who require airside clearance.
Who do we share your personal information with?
We may share your personal information within IAG GBS and IAG Group in order to process your job application and manage the recruitment cycle. References to “IAG Group” (and individually to “IAG Group Company”) are to other companies which are direct and indirect subsidiaries of International Consolidated Airlines Group, S.A., (“ICAG“).
We also use third-party service providers in order to conduct and manage recruitment. For example, we may share your personal information with these service providers in order to conduct screening and verification of your application and the information you have provided to IAG GBS. This includes verifying academic and professional qualifications.
There may also be situations where we have to share your personal information, where we receive a valid request from law enforcement or other government authorities.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep your personal information for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. This means that the period of time we keep your personal information will vary depending on the reason you provided your personal information to us.]
You have the right to request access to, rectification or erasure of, the personal information IAG GBS holds about you. You may also have the right to object to, or restrict, certain types of processing of your personal information and request to receive a machine-readable copy of the personal information you have provided to IAG GBS.
Any request to exercise one of these rights will be assessed by IAG GBS on a case-by-case basis. There may be circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request because of relevant legal exemptions provided for in data protection legislation.
Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails you open. They are widely used in order to make websites function properly, as well as to provide business and marketing information to the owners of the site.
- Technical. Cookies are used for technical reasons to enable the efficient working of IAG GBS Website – for example, to:
- balance website traffic to ensure our visitors receive a consistent and reliable service;
- limit traffic to key parts of the website in order to maintain performance levels;
- Ease of use. Cookies are used to enhance the ease of use of IAG GBS Website for customers.
- Tracking Cookies are used to gather statistics on how visitors use our site.
You can set your web browser to refuse all Cookies but some features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
For IAG GBS Limited (including IAG GBS Spain and IAG GBS Ireland):
Data Protection Team
IAG GBS Limited
Waterside, PO Box 365, Harmondsworth, UB7 0GB, England
For IAG GBS Poland:
Data Protection Team
IAG GBS Poland Sp. z o.o.
ul. Opolska 114, 31-323 Krakow, Poland
If you have concerns about the way in which IAG GBS has handled your personal information, you have the right to complain to your Data Protection Authority. However, if you have concerns, we encourage you to raise this with IAG GBS initially.